29 May 2010 (Sat) - Universal Studio and Vesak Day

How I wish a work week will only consist of 4 working days!

This week has been a really good one.. I worked only 3.5 days because we went to Universal Studio for our company 6th anniversary at around noon on Thu.. How good is that huh~?!

First up, pictures taken at our lunch (an early one) followed by the trip to Univeral Studio at Sentosa..


We went to Earle's Swenson for a quick lunch before setting off to Universal Studio.. The quality and taste of the food weren't that nice but we had chosen the place as they served no pork no lard.. suitable for all.





That's me.. can you spot the difference? I think I have put on some weigh on my face..









Getting our tickets to take the Sentosa Express in...


Our MD didn't join us but she walked us to the gate..

Group pic.. hmm.. our staff strength has gotten smaller over the years.. but with business picking up this year.. maybe we will see a bigger team next year..













Can you spot my baby bump?




































Sorry for the lack of text on this post.. simply because I have nothing good to say about the Universal Studio.. SG weather is simply unsuitable for open air theme park.. It was soooo HOT!..
I was sweating like mad and the sun was so glaring.. there was lots of tourists and you have to queue at least 30min for the rides.. the popular rides such as the Jurassic Park took 90min just to queue for our turn.. Imagine queueing that long in this weather!.. There is shade but just think about the heat.. and going on the roller coaster under the sun.. wooah.. Will die ok!!
Anyway, the park is such a disappointment.. it is so small.. maybe on 1/3 or 1/4 of the Universal Studio I went in L.A. There is only a short stretch of restaurants/ gift shops, out of the 7 theme sections, 2 main sections were closed (Madagascar & Battlestar Galactica).. They don't even show some of the props used in movies.. a great difference from the Hollywood Universal Studio..
Don't want to complain but it was disappointing.. I didn't do much there since I am pregnant and the weather was unbearable.

Moving on to how I spent my Vesak day.. starting with breakfast at Joo Chiat..

My all time favourite Feifei Wanton Mee... We ordered chicken and they had prawn mee..



Then we went for quick prayers at Joo Chiat Kuan yin Temple..
The Great Singapore Sales is on and we went Takashimaya and Vivocity for shopping afterwards.. sorry no picture as we were busy shopping.. I bought 2 very cute jumpers for my baby from Mother Care..
Yes, I am ready for motherhood.
:-)

No comments: