07 Oct 2010 (Tue) - Confinement

What a relief to be back home!

Although the nurses were real attentive, nothing beats the cozy feel of home sweet home. I'm glad that Lucas' jaundice level has remained low and stable... and I pray for it to stay this way. It's funny how I used to need at least 8hrs of uninterrupted sleep in the past... but now am coping fairly well with lesser sleep as I wake up several times to feed him at nights.

Motherhood is a strange thing.. and human body is such a sophisticated piece of work by God.. It's amazing how your body can create another life.. push it out of you.. and finally fine-tune your system to care for it... I'm impressed with in particularly, how you can 'open up' to deliver your bb, and heal in such a short time.. I was up and about a couple of hours after labour!

I have gotten many visits during this period of time.. though I thank my family and friends for the care and support.. I can't help feeling overwhelmed by some of the attention and advices given.. call me rebellious, but seriously, I don't believe in every single piece of old wives tales under the 'confinement chapter'.

I know that many came with good intentions.. however, there is a time for everything.. bombarding a new exhausted mother with a long list 'do's & don'ts' is definitely a no-no lah. With insufficient sleep, a body that needs to recover from the labour stress and in between the feeding of a newborn, you can guess how thankful I will be if you can keep the visits short and sweet.

As I get more settled into a daily routine and with the help from my mum in caring for the bb, I am feeling much much better than a week ago.. Personally, I feel myself being more emotional after childbirth than I was during my pregnancy days.. guess that's why more ppl suffer from post-natal depression than pre-natal.

And there are so much rules during confinement month... cannot bath.. Ha! I did exactly the opposite the very next day! And they say can't on the fan.. minimal contact with water.. cannot squat.. HELLO! How to avoid these?! Weather so warm and humid, how to tahan not bathing.. and lying on the bed the whole day is too depressing for me lah!

I have lost half the weight gained after I popped my baby.. another 2kg in the past few days.. With the 5 sessions of Jamu massage, I hope to lose more lah!

Till then - ta ta~

No comments: