08 Mar 2012 (Thu) - Little Things

I was just thinking to myself that from the moment that we wake up each morning, we get swept into an entire day of activities. Speeding off to work for some, rushing to complete the house chores for me.. it is often & easy for us to stop doing the little things we used to do for our special ones anymore.

Easy things like a message or a phone call to let our loved ones know that we are thinking of them despite our hectic schedules.. 

Buying/ cooking food that we know they love to eat...

Simple gestures like a kiss/ hug at the start or the end of each day.. 

Chatting over a cup of tea, sharing the day happenings before you go to bed..

The above acts are easy to do and cost almost nothing.. slight efforts but will definitely bring a smile to your loved one's face.

However, we frequently use the "I'm too busy" excuse to avoid going that extra mile or doing that additional bit.. I am also guilty of it.. But seriously.. how tough can it be?

Example: Since we always have our phones with us, how difficult is it to spare 2 min of our time to give a call and show our concerns? (This is not the same as constant calls throughout the day so that you can track your partner's locations lah.)


Much as I (or anyone) love to receive expensive presents, simple gestures of care & concern really warms my heart.. and I'm sure that these small actions will bring about big returns in ways that you cannot see. So give it some thoughts too!

No comments: