If not, what are you waiting for leh? :-) They are supposedly very famous and one of the best in Japan... constantly featured in food magazines..
I am a huge fan of pasta, ramen and fried rice and yes, I know the carb is the main ingredient of cellulite… but I love my noodles and rice too much to give them up!
I was introduced to Marutama Ra-Men by an ex-colleague when he chose this Japanese ramen house for our quarterly gathering. Seriously, I find their ramen one of the best in SG loh. They have only 2 outlets here and the one that I often frequent is at Central Mall along Eu Tong Sen Street.. on Level 3.
You won’t miss it because it is always packed at dinner time and boy, the queue is super long!! I went last Friday and I had at least 10 groups of people waiting for a table in front of me! The 2nd outlet is at Liang Court.. well you should know where Liang Court is.
Presenting the Marutama Classic Ramen...
The ramen is slightly thinner than some of the others that I have tried in other restaurants.. but very springy.. I like!.. The chicken broth is thick and tasty, and they served it with a piece of fatty char siew, fresh seaweed and lots of finely chopped spring onion. You have to order the egg separately at S$1 per piece. You can add extra seaweed at S$4 per serving but I didn't. It costed S$17 per bowl plus S$1 for the egg. And they served ice water instead of the usual green tea.
The egg is hmmm... well seasoned and the egg yolk is still runny... just the way I like it! However, my hubby finds that the broth a tad too rich for his liking.
We ordered gyozas which were very appetizing as they were dipped in vinegar - very similar to 饺子. If I remember correctly, a plate of 6 gyozas costs S$5.
And we ordered grilled char siew for my fat hubby... I tried a small piece of the lean portion and it was delicious! Well marinated but slightly overpriced at S$7 for 4 pieces.
No portion is ever too much for this fat and greedy couple who wiped out everything. Hungry ok! Got to queue at least 30 to 40 min!
The restaurant is minimal decoration... very traditional Jap eating house where people eat and go.. open concept kitchen where you hear chefs taking orders from the waitresses in Jap..
Must try lah.
No comments:
Post a Comment