07 Jul 2011 (Thu) - Food!

The weekend is just round the corner again! So goooooood!

Though I love the serenity on weekdays.. I, too love the mad rush that weekends often bring. We get to go to town for 2 days of eating and shopping!

Ever since I stopped working.. the opportunities to eat at fancy restaurants and Atas hotels have gone down drastically! But honestly, good food doesn't have to be expensive... So if you are looking for high class food review... Sorry to disappoint!

Here are some of the yummy and affordable delights that I get to nom recently!




Presenting the uber rich.. moist.. soft.. Chocolate cake from Lana Cakeshop at Greenwood Ave! Throw your diet plans out of the window.. This is a must-try for all chocolate lovers! However, they don't sell single slice and you will have to buy a whole (1kg) cake at $43.



Economical mixed rice that Desmond bought from the Kovan hawker centre... I forgot the name of the stall but the fried pork chop, french beans and eggs are so tasty.. Very home cooked! Cheap and yummy.. Worth it!







I love rice.. especially Nasi Lemak rice... These are from the famous Ponggol Nasi Lemak outlet at Hougang. The first pack is mine and the one with 2 chix wings is Melvin's. Lethal combination of fragrant rice topped with perfectly deep fried side-dishe and sambal chilli.. Wah.. It's making me hungry now! (Just so you know, the above 2 packs of rice coated over $14.. One of the priciest Nasi Lemak stalls around.)




We tried the seafood platter at The Manhattan Fish Market restaurant on last weekend. It was decent.. The best item out of this set got to be the butter garlic rice. See I am such a rice person.. Choosing rice over seafood! There can be improvement on the vegetables that came with it.. The carrots were rock hard. Maybe it doesn't deserved to be blog about.... :-)

Talking about bad food.. Do not ever try the teppanyaki at the Tampines Mall! We paid good money (~$45) for 2 seafood sets..



It is located at a corner of basement one.. Not exactly a restaurant..




I doubted the teppan was switched on at our corner because the food got cold fast. The fish was blah... So are the prawns and squids and oysters... Our conclusion is that they used cheap and stale seafood. We can accept if you use cheaper kind of fish or prawns.. But what we are served were definitely not fresh.. Everything tasted fishy and soft.. Yucks!

Got to go zzz now.. Next up, I will be posting a couple of humble dishes that I whipped up this week. Nite!

No comments: